Monday, October 13, 2014

God's Glorious Reminders

Friends of Faith:
There are those things which I see occasionally, but which from one time to the next I fail to remember the meaning of the beauty of the glory. This week was one of those occasions when the Harvest Moon appeared. I know it appears in spectacular glory every year, but I needed to be reminded that God made the seasons so that when it is our time we will see and reap the harvest of what we have planted.

In a similar context, how often do we pray the Our Father? I say it every day, most days more than once. And yet this week when it was a part of the daily scripture at mass it felt like a new prayer.

“Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.” He said to them, “When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread and forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us, and do not subject us to the final test.” Lk 11: 1-4

It was a reminder that I am called to pray AND to forgive: To ask daily and to forgive everyone.  And that same passage continues:

“And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. What father among you would hand his son a snake when he asks for a fish? Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?” Lk 11: 5-13

And like the harvest moon, I will reap what I have sowed. I will receive that which I have asked for. If I seek things of this earth, I will receive things of this earth. BUT if I seek things of God, I will receive things of God.

So what is it I want? What is it that I ask for, that I seek? And am I an example to others, am I asking for what I want or is God just supposed to know it because I think it? Have I really opened the door of my heart by giving and forgiving others AS he forgives me—70 x 7—without limit, without boundaries, doing for EVERYONE what he has done for me?

Heavenly Father, You continue to show me the beauty of Your glory. Help me to see Your glory and to put the beauty of the glory which is all around me into Your context. Thank you for your glorious reminders to love and serve. Thank you for Your forgiveness. May I ask and seek so that instead of receiving and finding what I think should be mine I instead receive and find what is yours.  And help me to knock daily so that I may remain filled by your beauty. Amen.

Ask and you will receive. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Knock and the door will be opened. Jesus is waiting for your Prayer, your heart, and your will – so that His will may be done,
Blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment